About Arts Renaissance Tremont
Arts Renaissance Tremont’s (ART’s) mission is to build community, celebrate beauty and enhance the quality and diversity of life in Tremont by welcoming all to exceptional live performances of fine music.
Arts Renaissance Tremont was founded in 1991 to enhance the quality and diversity of life in Tremont by providing the fine arts a greater presence in the community. In addition to establishing a venue for artists to share their talent, our goals are to promote the use of this magnificent space, support the rebirth of the Tremont neighborhood, create community and foster greater appreciation for the arts through accessible artistic programs.
PILGRIM CONGREGATIONAL UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST was built in 1893. The building is an excellent example of Richardsonian Romanesque architecture. The interior design, known as the Akron Plan, was an innovative concept in use of space, allowing rooms to open onto other rooms. The sanctuary, or auditorium, as it was called when constructed, features Tiffany-style stained glass windows and ceiling dome. The excellent acoustics make the sanctuary a magnificent environment for music. Early Cleveland orchestral ensembles – forerunners to The Cleveland Orchestra – used this auditorium for their rehearsal and concert hall. Wednesday evening, December 17, 1919, 8:00, Nikolai Sokoloff conducted a performance of The Cleveland Orchestra in this auditorium.
In 1992, the Holtcamp Organ Company restored the original Ferrand-Votey Organ. For additional information about this historic building, please call the church office: 216.861.7388
• PARKING is available in the adjacent church lots, across the street and directly behind the church building.
• RESTROOMS are located on the lower level in the hallway opposite Fellowship Hall and near the elevator.
• Pilgrim Church is WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE.
• The use of flash photography and video or audio-recording devices is strictly prohibited.
• Please turn off cell phones.
• PROGRAMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.